Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Rainy Wednesday

Summer's almost over. Or maybe it already is?...

I'm at Netopia Greenhills again. Stranded by the sudden downpour. While the school is just a few meters away. Funny thing, water. So formless, yet so powerful. But I don't mind waiting. Or passing the time away (one of my few luxuries, really). Everything is so fast-paced nowadays, it is such a pleasure to say, "I like for me to be still..."

I recently made a lot of changes in my life. These changes came from some fundamental choices I made about what to keep, and what to let go. For sure, there will be consequences because of this, but I only hope that people understand.

Sometimes, the heart calls and there is no force on earth that can stop it. I'm not even talking about something romantic here. When the essence of your life calls, you just drop everything to answer it, no matter the cost. I only wish that I were more of a multi-tasker, but I'm not really. I can only focus on one thing at a time.

And to whoever is reading this, may your muse keep your fire burning. In the darkest night, your light will reveal its hidden colors and its deepest hues.

Never stop creating.

7 comments:

- litol figgy - said...

"I like for me to be still..."

wish i could say that to my restless butt. ;p

citybuoy said...

"When the essence of your life calls, you just drop everything to answer it, no matter the cost."

nice advice. not sure if it's doable but nice to hear nonetheless.

Jojo Ballo said...

haha! hi rain, thanks for dropping by. :D

hey, thanks for reading, mr 'someone who is a shitload smarter than you'. hehe

marie said...

hi jowjow,

"I recently made a lot of changes in my life. These changes came from some fundamental choices I made about what to keep, and what to let go. For sure, there will be consequences because of this, but I only hope that people understand."

so what could the above be? i hope i am not one of those you are letting go :( .. that would be soooo sad! but totally agree with you on those fundamental choices and, hence, consequences. i think i am working towards the same decisions, myself. scary how we are always running parallel of one another.

hugs, marie

Jojo Ballo said...

hey marie :)

nice to hear from you. wow, last year seems so far away already, like light-years! it seems like we've known each other forever though. and yes, funny how we sort of come across the same moods and patterns haha! sigh, miss our chats, but hope to catch you on ym one of these days. take care always ;)

Anonymous said...

"When the essence of your life calls, you just drop everything to answer it, no matter the cost."

It happens sometimes. It's that 3-inch thick novel you can't put down even if you have a final exam in Economics the next morning at 9AM. All you can do is try to go through with it as fast as you can so you can get back on track. Because you know you'll never be able to study anyway with half your focus wandering to how the novel will end.

Or something like that. Cheers!

Jojo Ballo said...

yep, that sucks, when it happens.
of course, the book must not be put down! economics will take care of itself and find its own equilibrium. :)

no, that's bad advice on my part hehe

thanks for the visit!

:)