Sunday, August 07, 2005

Seeing Stars

"Obsession" - Cathy's hands and artwork



Seeing Stars
(a song-in-progress)
for Cathy


I didn't know if it was the alcohol
or the feeling of rushing headlong
down a ravine I haven't seen
in a long long while

It could have been your eyes
the way you bring them to a stare
with one eyebrow raised, you say:
"Monsieur,
and why do you look at me that way?"

Mademoiselle,
I want to dance with you

This sunday morning,
I'm lost,
happy, dreaming,
floating in seas

I like the way you held that guitar
and how you practiced on your piece
and how we talked about music,
the piano, and learning to let go

If I teach you strings,
will you teach me dancing?

I like the way you do things,
how everything seems to flow
into a mystery of stars
falling on earth
in an aftermath of atoms singing
of art and birth

Yesterday I was walking,
looking down watching
my steps, not wanting to stumble
on some unforeseen obstacle
in this path of what-do-i-know

Today I looked up,
and there you were

Today I looked up,
and there you were.


Jojo
2005

No comments: